Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Center
The Andrews Institute Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Center is dedicated to keeping you on your feet. Ignoring foot or ankle pain is like driving your car on flat tires. Even minor pain can be a sign of a more serious problem that, if left untreated, could lead to bigger complications.
The foot consists of 26 bones, 33 joints, 107 ligaments and 19 muscles. Each day, these complex structures support us in taking an average of 8,000 to 10,000 steps. Throughout a lifetime, that adds up to about 115,000 miles – more than four trips around the world! It’s easy to see how 75 percent of Americans experience some type of foot or ankle problem in their lifetime.
As the Pensacola area’s only Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Center, our team of board-certified, fellowship-trained physicians provide innovative and cost-effective surgical and non-surgical treatment options for foot and ankle pain. Our mission is to provide the best medical care through orthopaedics and sports medicine and to improve patient care through research and education, emphasizing injury prevention.
Don’t take another step in pain. Schedule an appointment by calling 850.916.8700, option 1, and let us help you maintain the quality life you deserve. Our caring staff and expert physicians will be with you every step of the way.
Research & Education news & articles
- Baby boomers keep active, but without passion – 9/12/2014
- High BMI and old age result in increased risks after Achilles tendon injury – 8/6/2014
- New screening test to help identify EMTP – 7/21/2014
- New guidelines will help doctors treat female athlete triad – 7/16/2014
- Putting the right foot forward: Taking steps to prevent arthritis – 6/17/2014