Roger V. Ostrander, M.D.
1040 Gulf Breeze Pkwy.
Gulf Breeze, FL
- Sports Medicine Specialist
- Sports Medicine, Minimally Invasive Surgery, Rotator Cuff Repair, Tommy John reconstruction; ACL reconstruction, Stem Cell Treatments
- Medical School: Boston University School of Medicine, Magna Cum Laude
- Internship: University of California, San Diego
- Residency: University of California, San Diego
- American Sports Medicine Institute, Sports Medicine & Arthroscopy, Birmingham, AL; Musculoskeletal Research, University of California, San Diego
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Return to play and outcomes in baseball players after Superior Labral Anterior-Posterior (SLAP) repairs
- Glenohumeral Rotation Deficits in High School, College, and Professional Baseball Pitchers With and Without an Ulnar Collateral Ligament Injury
- Outcomes After Arthroscopic Bankart Labral Repair in Adolescent Athletes Participating in Collision and Contact Sports
- Intra-Articular Injection of PRP in Patients with Knee Osteoarthritis
- "Triple Row Modification of the Suture Bridge Technique for Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair". Arthroscopy Techniques. 2016.
- "Ultrasound and Functional Assessment of Transtendinous Repairs of Partial-Thickness Articular Sided Rotator Cuff Tears". Orthopaedic Journal of Sports Medicine. 2016
- "Biomechanical Comparison of Fixed Loop and Adjustable Loop Cortical Suspensory Devices for Femoral Sided Soft Tissue Graft Fixation in Anatomic ACL Reconstruction". Arthroscopy, 2016.
- "Outcomes of Bankart labral repairs using modern arthroscopic technique in an athletic population". Arthroscopy. 2016
Scholarly Service and Honors
- Award of Service Excellence for Outstanding Patient Satisfaction, 2007 & 2008; Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society; California Orthopaedic Association’s Depuy Resident Award, 2003; AOA-Zimmer 14th Annual Travel Award for USA Orthopaedic Residents, 2001; Western Orthopaedic Association’s Vernon P. Thompson Award, 2001;
Current Society Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Orthopaedic Society of Sports Medicine
- Florida Medical Association
Current Team Affiliations
- University of West Florida, Team Physician