Joshua G. Hackel, M.D.
Non-Surgical Sports Medicine
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound for diagnosis and treatment of orthopaedic injuries; Regenerative Medicine and Injection Therapy; Peripheral Joint Injections
- Medical School: American University of the Caribbean
- Internship: Columbus Regional Medical Center
- Residency: Columbus Regional Medical Center
- American Sports Medicine Institute (ASMI) with Dr. James Andrews
- Family Medicine
- Stem Cell Research and Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
- Hyaluronic Acid shoulder injections for glenohumeral osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis of the knee
- Hackel JG,Khan U, Loveland D, Smith J. Sonographically Guided Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Injections: Technique and Validation. Journal PM&R. 2015 in press.
- Smith J, Hackel JG. Sonographically Guided Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injection: Technique and Validation. Journal PM&R. July 2015; 7(7); 736-745.
- Hackel JG, Anz AW. Application of Biologics in the Treatment of the RotatorCuff, Meniscus, Cartilage, and Osteoarthritis. Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. February 2014 vol. 22 no. 26879. http://www.jaaos.org/content/22/2/6
- Hackel JG. Understanding Accreditation and Certification in Musculoskeletal Ultrasound. Basics of Musculoskeletal Ultrasound. Daniels J, Dexter W (eds) Springer: pp. 3-6, 2013.
Scholarly Service and Honors
- Fellow of the American Academy of Family Physicians
Current Society Memberships
- American Medical Society of Sports Medicine
- American Medical Association
- Florida Medical Association
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine
Current Team Affiliations
- Northview High School: Team Physician
- University of West Florida athletics: Team physician
MEET YOUR DOCTOR
Dr. Joshua Hackel is a primary care sports medicine physician at The Andrews Institute, an affiliate of Baptist Health Care. Because he's an employed physician, Dr. Hackel is also a proud part of the Baptist Medical Group network of quality, caring physicians serving the greater Pensacola area.
To learn more about Dr. Hackel and his practice, visit the official Web site of The Andrews Institute in Gulf Breeze, Florida, by clicking here