Brett D. Reichwage, M.D.
Baptist Medical Towers
1717 North E St.
- Minimally Invasive and Complex Spine Surgery; Spinal Column Tumors; Brain Tumors
- Medical School: Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN
- Internship: University of Florida, Dept. of Neurological Surgery, Gainesville, FL
- Residency: University of Florida, Dept. of Neurological Surgery, Gainesville, FL
- University of Florida, Department of Neurological Surgery, Complex Spine Fellowship, Gainesville, FL
- "Transient bilateral brainstem dysfunction caused by topical administration of papaverine. Report of two cases," with Colleen M. Moran, M.D., and Michael E. Mahla, M.D., Journal of Neurosurgery, In Press.
- "Factors associated with aspirin resistance in patients premedicated with aspirin and clopidogrel for endovascular therapy," with Reavey-Cantwell J. and Fox C., Neurosurgery, 2009.
- "Ballistics for the Neurosurgeon," with Jandial R., Levy M., and Sturdivan L., Neurosurgery, 2008.
- "Short- and long-term outcomes after large pulmonary resection for germ cell tumors after bleomycin-combination chemotherapy," Andrade R., Kesler K., Wilson J., Books J., Rieger K., Einhorn L., and Brown J., Annals of Thoracic Surgery, 2004.
Scholarly Service and Honors
- Charles "Chuck" Shank, M.D. Award in Neurosurgery, in recognition of professionalism in neurosurgery, 2011; Carleton D. Nordschow Award in Pathology, for outstanding creative ability in the field of pathology, 2006
MEET YOUR DOCTOR
Dr. Brett Reichwage is a highly trained neurosurgeon who has completed a fellowship in complex spinal neurosurgery working in partnership with the Andrews Institute and the Baptist Medical Group network of quality, caring physicians serving the greater Pensacola area. Neurosurgeons like Dr. Reichwage have completed years of extensive training dedicated to the care and treatment of delicate neural elements associated with the brain and spinal cord. Dr. Reichwage has refined skill in in minimally invasive and complex disorders of the spine, brain and microneurosurgical needs, and is known for being attentive and caring. He welcomes new patients.